Oscar Health is a New York City-based insurtech that provides affordable health insurance to individuals and businesses across the US. The company, founded in 2012, aims to make healthcare accessible to everyone by using technology to improve the healthcare experience for its members. Oscar Health offers a range of health insurance plans, including individual, family, and small business plans. The company has assembled an experienced executive leadership team that includes CEO Mario Schlosser, Chief Technology Officer Neetu Rajpal, Chief People Officer Rebecca Krouse, and Chief Actuary Fausto Palazzetti, among others.
Oscar Health is a rapidly growing insurtech company, headquartered in New York City, that is focused on delivering affordable and accessible health insurance to individuals and businesses across the United States. The company was founded in 2012 by Mario Schlosser, Kevin Nazemi, and Joshua Kushner, with a mission to “make health care accessible to everyone.”
Since its inception, Oscar Health has been dedicated to using technology to improve the health care experience for its members. The company’s platform allows users to easily find doctors, access telemedicine services, and manage their health care needs through a simple and user-friendly interface. Oscar Health also offers a range of health insurance plans, including individual, family, and small business plans.
To achieve its ambitious goals, Oscar Health has assembled a talented and experienced executive leadership team. Here is an overview of the 12 executives who currently make up the team, along with their professional backgrounds and responsibilities at Oscar Health:
- Mario Schlosser, CEO – Mr. Schlosser has been the CEO of Oscar Health since co-founding the company in 2012. He has a background in technology and finance, having previously co-founded the largest social gaming company in Latin America and worked as a senior investment associate at Bridgewater Associates.
- R. Scott Blackley, chief transformation officer – Mr. Blackley oversees the company’s operations, +Oscar business and corporate strategy. He previously served as Oscar’s CFO from March 2021 through December 2022.
- Alessa Quane, executive vice president and chief insurance officer – Ms. Quane joined Oscar Health in March 2021 after a 25-year career at AIG, most recently serving as executive vice president and chief risk officer.
- Neetu Rajpal, chief technology officer – Ms. Rajpal is responsible for overseeing Oscar’s fully cloud native distributed software stack and the IT infrastructure. She previously served as chief product officer and chief technology officer at Conductor.
- Ranmali Bopitiya, chief legal officer – Ms. Bopitiya oversees the company’s legal, risk, and government affairs functions. She previously served as chief legal officer for Everside Health.
- Jesse Horowitz, chief product officer – Mr. Horowitz is responsible for developing the company’s product strategy and road map. He has been with Oscar since 2014 and previously held operational and product positions at EnerNOC.
- Rebecca Krouse, chief people officer – Ms. Krouse has been with Oscar since 2018 and is responsible for the company’s human resources function. She previously held security and senior operational roles at Bridgewater Associates.
- Fausto Palazzetti, senior vice president and chief actuary – Mr. Palazzetti has been with Oscar Health since 2014 and is responsible for overseeing the company’s actuarial function. Prior to joining Oscar, he served as managing actuary for Visiting Nurse Service of New York.
- Steve Wolin, COO – Mr. Wolin leads the development and execution of Oscar’s service organization, insurance operations, population health, pharmacy services, behavioral health, and virtual care. Before joining Oscar in 2020, he served as head of corporate strategy and strategic partnership for Optum.
- Kiki Louis, MD, president of Oscar Medical Group – Dr. Louis oversees clinical operations for Oscar Health. Before joining the company, she served as vice president of medical operations for the Mountain Region at Concentra.
- Sid Sankaran, interim CFO – Mr. Sankaran is serving as Oscar’s interim CFO; he served as full-time CFO from February 2019 to March 2021. He has served as a member of the company’s board of directors since February