BoxBoat Technologies, a leading DevOps consultant and enterprise Kubernetes certified service provider has revealed ambitions to be acquired by IBM. IBM’s container strategy and implementation services offering will be expanded by BoxBoat in order to enhance IBM’s hybrid cloud vision and drive Red Hat OpenShift adoption throughout the world.
- Core enabler: Founded in 2016 and headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, BoxBoat helps clients establish containers and Kubernetes as core enablers for cloud solutions. Its track record of delivering complex cloud consulting projects includes advising many Fortune 100 and government clients on industry best practices, modernizing existing DevOps solutions, and containerizing mission-critical workloads.
- Cloud architecture: “Our clients require a cloud architecture that allows them to operate across a traditional IT environment, private cloud, and public clouds. That’s at the heart of our hybrid cloud approach,” said John Granger, Senior Vice President, Hybrid Cloud Services at IBM. “No cloud modernization project can succeed without a containerization strategy and BoxBoat is at the forefront of container services innovation.”
- Cloud containers: Kubernetes and Containers Are Leading Drivers of Digital Transformation Containers and Kubernetes are two of the leading drivers of enterprise digital transformation. Software application containerization makes life easier for developers by further abstracting computing infrastructure and adoption of enterprise container platforms is on the rise.
- Enhancement: Reflecting IBM’s strong commitment to clients’ successful journey to the cloud, BoxBoat builds on IBM’s ongoing investment in hybrid cloud services and driving growth within the $200 billion cloud professional services market. BoxBoat will join IBM Global Business Services’ fast-growing Hybrid Cloud Services business, enhancing IBM’s capacity to meet rising client demand for container strategy and the critical people and process components of the cloud transformation journey.
- Fast application: “We founded BoxBoat on the idea that containers and DevOps would become an industry standard with the potential to transform enterprise IT with lightning-fast application deployment workflows,” said Tim Hohman, CEO, and Co-Founder of BoxBoat. “Joining IBM will allow us to realize a shared vision of helping clients innovate by successfully deploying container-based applications on-premise and to the cloud.”