Pluralsight Inc., a technology workforce development business, has acquired A Cloud Guru (ACG), a premier cloud skills development platform. Following Vista Equity Partners’ recent acquisition of Pluralsight, Pluralsight announced in June that it had entered into a formal agreement to acquire ACG.
- High popularity: Cloud computes to be in demand among big businesses across the world, necessitating need for more cloud skill development. Indeed, according to studies, most IT decision-makers think that a lack of cloud skills is their greatest issue.
- Combination: The joint organization will now be better positioned to meet market demand for cloud skill development by combining the power of A Cloud Guru’s leading certification courses, hands-on labs and sandboxes, exams, and quizzes with the existing library of Pluralsight Skills cloud courses and hands-on learning experiences.
- Innovative transformation: “For businesses around the world and across all industries, cloud transformation is one of their most important technology initiatives and closing the growing cloud skills gap is their single biggest challenge in meeting it. As the leader in technology skill development for large enterprises around the world, we are determined to be their trusted partner to solve it,” said Aaron Skonnard, co-founder and CEO of Pluralsight. “With our acquisition of A Cloud Guru, we are now positioned to deliver the most comprehensive solution for driving cloud maturity at scale through an all-in-one solution for cloud skill development.”
- Execs: William Blair & Company, LLC acted as the exclusive financial advisor to Pluralsight and Vista in the transaction, with Kirkland & Ellis LLP serving as legal counsel. J.P. Morgan Securities LLC served as the exclusive financial advisor to A Cloud Guru and Latham & Watkins LLP served as legal counsel.
- Newer adoptions: “Technology alone won’t transform businesses, a continuous flow of new skills, creativity and innovation will. Since its inception, A Cloud Guru has empowered enterprises to unleash the cloud’s full potential by aligning talent, technology, and vision,” said Sam Kroonenburg, Co-founder and CEO of A Cloud Guru. “Together Pluralsight and ACG will chart an accelerated path to success at every stage of cloud maturity while driving cloud adoption and innovation within corporations.”