Six former payer executives that have recently left for roles at startup companies:
- Humana’s former head of human resources at CenterWell Senior Primary Care joined Capital Rx Nov. 8 as the pharmacy benefit manager’s first chief people officer. The PBM covers 1.6 million lives and was founded in 2017.
- Horizon BCBS New Jersey’s former senior vice president and chief strategy officer Bill Georges was named a partner at AlleyCorp Healthcare Fund Nov. 1, a $100 million healthcare venture fund launched in 2021 by venture capital firm AlleyCorp.
- CMS’ former deputy administrator and director of the Center for Medicare, Demetrios Kouzoukas, joined the healthcare venture fund Team8 Health Oct. 19. The $80 million fund was launched this year by venture capital firm Team8.
- Elevance Health subsidiaries Simply Healthcare Plans and HealthSun Health Plans former COO, Suzanna Roberts, was named CEO of Sonder Health Oct. 4. Sonder was founded in 2017 and provides Medicare Advantage plans in Georgia.
- UnitedHealthcare’s former CEO, Ken Burdick, was named CEO and chair at LifeStance Health Sept. 8, a Scottsdale, Ariz.-based virtual and in-person mental healthcare provider operating across 32 states in 600 centers. Mr. Burdick was UnitedHealthcare’s CEO from 2006 to 2008.
- UnitedHealthcare’s former senior associate general counsel and director of regulatory affairs for its Northeast commercial business, Tara Johnson, was named general counsel at Centivo Aug. 3. Centivo is a self-funded health plan provider centered around value-based care that launched in 2019.