The Website is operated by DISTILNFO TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED, having its registered address at “No. 60, Shruthi Nivasa, 1st Cross, 3rd Phase, Reliable Residency, Harlur Road, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560 102, INDIA” represented by its Directors and hereinafter referred to as the “Company” (where such expression shall, unless repugnant to the context thereof, be deemed to include its respective legal heirs, representatives, administrators, permitted successors and assigns) are operating the Website on the Trade Name “Distilnfo Technologies Private Limited”.
This legal agreement is an electronic record in terms of Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions about electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
This legal document is published in accordance with the provisions of Rule 3 (1) of the Indian Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011 and Rule 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 of Information Technology Act, 2000 amended through Information Technology Amendment Act, 2008 that require publishing the Terms and practices for access or usage of the Platform.
To provide you with our uninterrupted use of the Platform, We may collect and, in some circumstances, disclose information about you with your permission. To ensure better protection of your privacy, We provide this notice explaining our information collection and disclosure policies, and the choices you make about the way your information is collected and used.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are committed to respecting Your online privacy. We further recognize Your need for appropriate protection and management of any Personal Information You share with us. We may collect the following information:
- Personal data such as, but not limited to, Name, Email Id, Company Name, Job Title, Location, Mobile Number, etc;
- Information collected through the device permissions including but not limited to Device Location and notification permission.
- Tracking Information such as, but not limited to the IP address of your device and Device ID when connected to the Internet. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Platform or not), your computer or device browser information, and other information associated with your interaction with the Platform;
- Details of Platform usage for analytics.
- To provide you with the services of the platform
- To enable the viewing of content in your interest through Ads;
- To communicate the necessary account-related information from time to time;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
The Platform may also use contact information internally to direct its efforts for platform improvement but shall immediately delete all such information upon withdrawal of your consent for the same through the ‘unsubscribe’ or “Delete Account” button or through an email to be sent to email@example.com.
2. HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. If the same is not identified to you, you have the right to request the Platform to elucidate the purpose of collection of said personal information, pending the fulfilment of which you shall not be mandated to disclose any information whatsoever.
We will collect and use your personal information solely to fulfil those purposes specified by us, within the scope of the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and with the knowledge and consent of the individual concerned.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
3. OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTORS
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of our Websites. “Cookies” are small files sited on your hard drive that assist us in providing customized services. We also offer certain features that are only available through the use of a “cookie”. Cookies can also help us provide information which is targeted to your interests. Cookies may be used to identify logged in or registered users. Our Website uses session cookies to ensure that you have a good experience. These cookies contain a unique number, your ‘session ID’, which allows our server to recognize your computer and ‘remember’ what you’ve done on the site. The benefits of this include:
- You only need to log in once if you’re navigating secure areas of the site
- Our server can distinguish between your computer and other users, so you can see the information that you have requested.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. We also use various third-party cookies for usage, behavioural, analytics and preferences data. The following are the different types of cookies used on the Website:
- Authentication cookies: To identify the user and share the content that he or she requested.
- Functionality cookies: For the customized user experience and resuming past course progress.
- Tracking, optimization, and targeting cookies: To capture usage metric on the device, operating system, browser, etc. To capture behavioural metrics for better content delivery. To cater and suggest most suited preferences.
3.2 Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to help us to understand how you make use of our content and work out how we can make things better. These cookies follow your progress through us, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. This data is then stored by Google to create reports. These cookies do not store your data.
4. OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information provided by you shall be used to provide accessibility to the platform for you and all users.
- To provide you with the news articles and such other informational content.
- To display articles of your choice on the platform.
- For maintaining an internal record for future display of information.
- For enhancing the platform accessibility provided.
For more details about the nature of such communications, please refer to our Terms. Further, your data and Sensitive Personal data may be collected and stored by Us for internal record.
We use Your tracking information such as IP addresses, and or Device ID to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information and make further accessibility available to you.
We will not sell, license or trade Your personal information. We will not share your personal information with others unless they are acting under our instructions or we are required to do so by law.
Information collected via Our server logs includes users’ IP addresses and the pages visited; this will be used to manage the web system and troubleshoot problems. We also use third-party analytics, tracking, optimization and targeting tools to understand how users engage with our Platform so that we can improve it and cater personalized content/ads according to their preferences.
5. OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may host surveys for survey creators for our platform who are the owners and users of your survey responses. We do not own or sell your responses. Anything you expressly disclose in your responses will be disclosed to survey creators. Please contact the survey creator directly to better understand how they might share your survey responses.
Information collected will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and accessible in the public domain or is furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005, any rules made thereunder or any other law for the time being in force.
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed:
- Law and Order: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
- Specialised Register Campaigns for Online/Offline Events: For our Newsletter Subscribers, We may run client’s ads and eBlasts to allow subscribers to register to client’s events, conferences, webinars and to download whitepapers etc. On clicking the action button on the ad (Register, Learn More etc), You agree to auto-registration. We may share your details with the ad placer incase you click the call to action button. Such specialised campaigns will have a clear disclaimer added to the bottom of the email which clearly states about sharing of your personal information with the ad placer.
6. EXTERNAL LINKS ON THE PLATFORM
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights concerning your data:
- The right to request a copy of your data which we hold about you;
- The right to request for any correction to any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to withdraw Your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to complain about a supervisory authority.
- The right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or an international organization.
Where you hold an account, you are entitled to a copy of all personal data which we hold concerning you. You are also entitled to request that we restrict how we use your data in your account when you log in.
You further acknowledge that the Platform may contain information which is designated confidential by us and that you shall not disclose such information without our prior written consent. Your information is regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the platform, and you retain sole discretion to seek for discontinuation of such communications at any point of time.
9. ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PROFILE
Following subscription, you can review and change the information you submitted at the stage. An option for facilitating such change shall be present on the Platform and such change shall be facilitated by the User. If you change any information, we may or may not keep track of your old information. We will not retain in our files information you have requested to remove for certain circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions. Such prior information shall be completely removed from our databases, including stored ‘back up’ systems. If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or to remove your profile so that others cannot view it, You may request us to do the needful.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the Platform. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us and information that we have accessed.
However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. Our Platform cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you provide won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to the Platform over the Internet.
13. CONSENT WITHDRAWAL, DATA DOWNLOAD & DATA REMOVAL REQUESTS
To withdraw your consent, or to request the download or delete your data with us at any time, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. CONTACT US
Information provided on the Platform may not be accurate and may be provided for general informational purposes only.