Humana Inc., a leading health and wellness provider, announced yet another significant expansion of its Medicare Advantage (MA) products in Tennessee for the 2022 plan year. It’s part of the company’s overall aim to expand affordable Medicare health plan options that address Tennesseans’ entire health care needs.
- New plan: Humana is launching a new statewide Dual Eligible Special Needs Medicare Advantage (D-SNP) plan for persons who are Medicare and Medicaid eligible in 2022. The new plan includes a $75 monthly Healthy Foods Card and a $100 quarterly over-the-counter (OTC) allowance, which is available in all counties.
- Free: There is also no fee for testing, treatment, immunizations, or 14 days of home-delivered meals for all Humana 2022 MA plan members with a COVID diagnosis (up to 28 meals). The business will keep offering its current D-SNP plan, which includes a $35 monthly Healthy Foods Card and a $350 quarterly OTC allowance.
- The needs: “The pandemic has magnified the needs of so many in our community, and we definitely took those needs into account when designing our Medicare plans and benefits,” said Doug Haaland, Humana Medicare President for Tennessee and Alabama. “We know that having access to healthy foods and needed over-the-counter items means that our neediest members are not having to make the choice of food over medicine or seeing a doctor.”
- New introductions: The Humana Honor plan, which was introduced statewide in Tennessee in 2021, is being expanded to include two plan options, each with perks such as a $50 or $75 decrease in Part B premiums, $100 or $300 in quarterly OTC allowances, and increased dental benefits. The Humana Honor plan, which was introduced statewide in Tennessee in 2021, is being expanded to include two plan options, each with perks such as a $50 or $75 decrease in Part B premiums, $100 or $300 in quarterly OTC allowances, and increased dental benefits.
- Availability: While Humana Honor plans are available to anyone qualifying for Medicare, they are designed to supplement the VA health care by covering services at non-VA (civilian) facilities and providing comprehensive dental coverage. Prescription medicine coverage is not included in the Humana Honor Plan since some veterans want to get it through their VA services. Veterans can enrol in any Medicare Advantage plan that is available in their area.