360 Human Services is an applied behavioral analysis clinic in San Bernardino, California. The clinic serves a behavioral healthcare service desert, which means there are limited resources for individuals with mental and behavioral health needs. To address these challenges, 360 Human Services implemented CentralReach, an all-in-one practice and clinical management solution. Since implementing CentralReach, 360 Human Services has seen several benefits, including increased client progress and enhanced staff efficiency.
360 Human Services is an applied behavioral analysis clinic that serves a behavioral healthcare service desert in San Bernardino, California. The clinic provides daycare, day services, and applied behavioral analysis services to adults with autism spectrum disorder and related intellectual and developmental disorders.
Behavioral Healthcare Service Deserts are areas where there are limited resources for individuals with mental and behavioral health needs. 360 Human Services operates in both rural and urban areas, and these deserts can occur in either setting.
To access services, individuals must travel miles away from their homes, often without sufficient public transportation. One study from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services indicates that 75% of rural counties across the country have no mental or behavioral health service providers, including essential services for individuals with autism.
Behavioral Healthcare Service Deserts also face issues with staffing and staff retention, which are unfortunately quite common for the healthcare industry. Staffing challenges can ultimately affect the quality of care an individual with an autism spectrum disorder or intellectual and developmental disorders receive.
360 Human Services implemented CentralReach, an all-in-one practice and clinical management solution, to address these challenges. CentralReach helps with billing, scheduling, payroll, data collection, human resource-related tasks, and more.
Since implementing CentralReach, 360 Human Services has seen several benefits, including:
- Increased client progress: With the comprehensive data collection and analysis tools, staff members have been able to monitor and evaluate the progress of clients more effectively. This has enabled staff to tailor individualized treatment plans and interventions for each client, leading to significant improvements in their skill acquisition and behavioral outcomes.
- Enhanced staff efficiency: The avail digital platform has provided staff with easy access to a vast library of evidence-based resources, including video modeling and interactive lessons, which has improved the quality and consistency of services. The platform’s easy interface has streamlined communication and collaboration among team members, reducing the time spent on administrative tasks and allowing staff to focus more on direct client support. This has contributed to a higher level of job satisfaction among employees and resulted in better overall client outcomes.
Harry Jackson, CEO of 360 Human Services, offers the following advice to other organizations considering implementing assistive technology:
- Analyze organizational workflow and determine which tasks are taking your clinicians the most time to complete.
- Identify bottlenecks in workflows and understand where this congestion is happening.
- Have a pulse on the technological landscape and converse with other applied behavioral analysis therapists and small therapy practice owners.
- Find a vendor that facilitates constant touchpoints with your staff, even after implementation.
360 Human Services is a success story that demonstrates the power of assistive technology to improve care for underserved populations. By implementing CentralReach, 360 Human Services has been able to increase client progress, enhance staff efficiency, and improve the overall quality of care. If you are an organization that is looking to improve care for underserved populations, I encourage you to consider implementing assistive technology.